At time of writing this, it feels very strange to say, but......
It's SUMMER OPEN DAY time
After the massive success of moving the last open day from Sunday to Saturday, we will be doing the same again. So get Saturday 1st June in your diaries, cancelling anything else that may have been in there because this one is going to be another epic, family & Dog friendly day.
As always, there will be draft beer and bottles to drink on site being served in the main brewery space at unit 5. Then, a few doors down at unit 9, the usual bottle shop will be open for a ridiculous selection of bottled beers to take away. Please do remember you can only drink beer brought at Unit 5 on site. This is a licensing thing and can risk future open days if ignored.
There will be the usual entertainment, with the typical Weird Beard Sounds for your listening pleasure during the day, Weird Beard Emily DJ'ing in the evening, brewery tours and outside games.
But what more could you ask of a day than sun, beer and entertainment? Well, we may need to soak up some of that liquid with fine selection of top class and tasty street food. This time round we have the pleasure of welcoming back the amazing Free Range Jane with their super tasty free range fried chicken, with veggie and vegan options available.
Soft drinks will come in the shape of local heroes of ours, Square Root Soda. While snacks from Soffle's.
Draught beer list below. We will have 8 taps pouring and a cask, with all these beers making an appearance over the course of the day.
• Roots Bloody Roots (3.7%) - Not for everyone, our Root Beer inspired offering makes a surprise return, because we found a random keg and thought it was tasting awesome.
• Little Things that Kill (3.9%) – well, it is summer, we all need something sessionable.
• Kill Pils (5%) – Again, it's summer, so a pils is the perfect accompaniment.
• Mariana Trench (5.3%) – Our flagship pale ale.
• Kviek Train to Busan (6.3%) – Collaboration with Gorilla Brewing from Korea. This is a super tropical soured IPA, fermented with Kveik yeast.
• Ryeclops Ryesing (8.6%) - The Ryeclops trilogy becomes a saga with a new addition. This time round a Sarsaparilla Rye Stout.
• Pogonotrophy 2 (8%) - Blueberry Bretted Brut. The next chapter in our mixed fermentation project. A blend of some barrel aged and different yeast strains.
• Death Growl (8.6%) - our collaboration brew with Solvay Society. A honey Belgian Tripel.
• Liquorice Tattoo (9%) – A liquorice imperial stout.
• Salty Liquorice Tattoo (9%) - Same as above, with the addition of sea salt.
• Barrel aged Full Frontaal (9.6%) - Our collaboration brew with Frontaal from the Netherlands. This is an intense bourbon barrel aged coffee barley wine.
• Defacer (11.1%) - Our BIG triple IPA for when things get a bit silly. This beer is chock full of our favourite Sorachi Ace hop.
• Habitual Offender (11.6%) - Our collaboration brew with Northern Monk. A Belgian style barley wine with just the right amount of age.
And if you drink your way through all that, which you often do, some random delights from the cold store.
We are making some small but important improvements, to help with the large queues we saw at the last Open Day.:
• More card readers on each bar, speeding up payments.
• More bar staff
• Dedicated glass return point, so there’s no need to join the beer queue
• The addition of a urinal in Unit 5 (the main brewery)
Thanks to Boris for the pictures, and Chris at Doodlebank for the awesome label designs.